Saturday, July 12, 2008

African survival food: Coke Light and Chockits



I am terrible at letting people know what is going on with my life here in South Africa. Sorry about that!!

Here is a rundown of what has been going on in my life since June 27th....

*I went to a lion park and I almost got my face clawed off by a teenage lion.
* I went on a safari in the lion park and I got to see some White lions. That was fun. And some tigers...I thought that it was strange to see tigers in Africa. They belong in Asia.
* Started Base Crew. This is where four of us Outreach Staffers stay behind and clean the base. It is fun because we get to clean in the morning and then NAP TIME in the afternoon. I am an expert toilet cleaner and dishwasher!!!
* Planted lots of gardens for people in Qwa Qwa. I learned lots of fun clicky words as well! :)
* I got to go to a hospital to bring a kid's parent there. The hospitals here...there are no signs to tell you where to go. I was walking around and some Sesotho people asked me "Are you confused?" instead of lost. I found it quite hilarious.
* I lead a lady to the Lord. It was really awesome. She was super excited to begin her walk with the Lord.
* 4th of July is a lot of fun. We went to our first restaurant. GLORIOUS!!! We had cheeseburgers, french fries, ice cream and we each got a sparkler! They also played Born in the USA for us. Of course I danced around!!
* We went to Royal Natal park and got to see baboons and did a scavenger hunt. It was a lot of fun. We also had pizza that day too. It was a piece of heaven, so much better than wildebeest!
* African church. I experienced many things that as a Baptist I would prolly never witness in my life. I saw a lady slained in the spirit. She went up for healing and then she was on the ground. My friend Joe thought that she had died. I also witnessed someone speaking in tongues and then it was translated. Interesting. At the end of the service the pastor had all of us from the US get up and start dancing around the church. It was fun.
* I talked to a lady who I believe with my whole heart that she is going to get healed by the time that we are done ministering to her. She had a stroke in February and since we have been with her praying for her, she can stand on her right leg and move most of her right hand. Her name is Rosalina. I will post a picture of her so you know what she looks like.
* I talked to two Jehovah's Witness yesterday. It was interesting getting to know what they believe. They need prayer as well, Patience and Elizabeth.
* I cut my hair last night. Picture to come.

I just ask that you all continue to pray for our health as it is getting a lot colder. It might snow today...SOOO EXCITED! I also ask that you pray for Joe and Angela's backs. They are on my team. They have back problems and they don't need this to hinder their ministry here in South Africa. I also ask that you pray for supernatural warmth. We are struggling with it. Pray for us and most importantly the people in Intabazwe and Qwa Qwa who are less fortunate than I.

Thank you so much for your support! I love you all!!

Freezing in Africa,
Mallory




Pictures of Rosalina and my hair cut....

Myself, Johanna, Rosalina and Caleb

Yay for a new hair do!!

1 comment:

graham said...

hi come and visit our volunteer project in south africa at web inkwenkwezi.com