Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Peeping Mosotho

On Monday my team was at a church and we were instructed to go in pairs. My friend Joe and I decided to go to the restroom together... here is what happened...

This is from Joe's blog... so the boy version of the story.

Arriving back at the church for lunch I had to use the bathroom. Considering we are in South Africa and toilet paper is not normally found in the facilities we had only brought one to use with us. Well considering the male and female restrooms are close to each other Mallory and I headed to the bathrooms together. We had to go in pairs and we we're the only two that needed to use the bathrooms. After Mallory cracking jokes about how her door does not have a latch on it and anyone could just push it open we went to the bathroom. When I was getting ready to prepare myself to go to the bathroom I suddenly saw a dark figure appear in the window. Startled and speechless I slowly backed away from the toilet and pushed the girl's bathroom door opened to tell Mallory that there was someone peeping in the window at us. All of a sudden the figure appeared in her window and we both screamed at the top of our lungs ( I actually think that I screamed louder than Mallory, go figure). After watching the figure scurring away in fear of our screams we decided it was safe to use the bathroom. Well we decided that we should do it in shifts. Mallory would go first and I would hold the door closed for her and we would then switch. Right as I was closing the door for Mallory the figure appeared in the window again. Face pressed tightly against the window. Yes, loud screams erupted from the bathrooms as we bolted out towards where everyone was sitting outside. Yelling that there was a peeping tom outside the bathrooms watching us use the toilets. The older guy that was with the team that is here and our translator ran around the church and saw the guy walking away from the area and just sat down... almost waiting for us to leave so he could do it again. So we ended up getting to go but only because a group stayed at the back of the bathrooms so no one would peep in. Creeper! Seriously this man was like 20-30 and was totally scary.

I thought that this was an interesting story that everyone would love to hear about. Of course this would happen to me. :)

Love from Africa,
Mallory

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that's exciting! I can't believe anyone could scream louder than you. I'm glad it turned out OK. Miss you, love you, Mom