Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tetanus shot maybe?

For the past few days I have been out with my team that I have been assigned to, Summit. They are a lot of fun and I enjoy being out with a team that is full of excitement and want to be in Africa and love children no matter what they look like.

We have visited a few houses. The first house we visited, they were already Christians and that was amazing so we just shared some of our favorite Bible verses with them and I thought that it was really neat to do that at our first house. The second place we went it was a little Tuck Shop. This is a shop that is for the community and they sell beer, snacks, bread, and other random things. We talked to two guys, Richard and Peter for a long time. They were talking about how they wanted to break the chains of alcoholism and smoking. But they were wanting to hold on to them as well. Just be praying that they will take the next step to break those chains.

Yesterday we hung out with a family and there was the CUTEST baby EVER!!! We gave her an English name, Joy. She was so happy and lovely. I wish that all babies were like that. :) Then in the afternoon we had Children's Ministry and it was a lot of fun. Mass chaos!!

Today we went back to the house with the cute baby and they asked us to try and build a fence to keep the chickens out of their garden. SO FUN!!! Today I played with string that smelled like pee, a broken knife, and scrap metal that screamed TETANUS!!! I thought that my mom would be proud of me playing with such amazing materials. In the afternoon we had Children's Ministry again and it was a lot of fun. 9 circles of duck duck goose with about 10 kids in each circle!! wow!!

Well that is all for now... I get to go to town on Saturday and purchase a lot of fun materials!!!!! WOOOOOTTTTT

love.
Mallory

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, Mallory, I taught you better! I sure hope you were wearing THICK gloves! :)

Sounds like a great week and lots of ministry with kids, I know you love that.

See you soon....1 week, 5 days, 11 hours and 40 minutes, YAY!

Love, Mom