Sunday, July 20, 2008

Things I won't know how to do in America...

I have just been thinking lately about a lot of things. I have thought about the many things that are different here in Africa than in America.

* When I go to flush the toilet...the handle is on the opposite side.

* When I flush the toilet I have to jump before I get sprayed.

* I won't know how to drive on the correct side of the road and stop signs are optional here. I like that idea.

* I will be able to see the ground when I am walking because we will have lights. The only time that I can see the ground is if the moon is out or if I have a flashlight.

* The Moon's phases are different here. It is really weird. Stars are different as well. I will be able to observe the little dipper once again.

* I won't have to watch where I step because there won't be horse or deer poop everywhere.

* I can have the breeze of my fan instead of the breeze of the drafty window.

* I won't be out of breath climbing up a mountain for every meal. I look forward to this one very much!

* I won't know how to take a shower because the water will be nice. I won't have my skin boiled off or frozen off. :)

* I won't know how to wash my hands because here the hot water comes out of one faucet and the cold out of another. So you have to move your hands back and forth really fast... being careful not to boil or freeze them off.

* I won't know how to wash dishes. Here they wash the dishes the normal way but then when rinsing them you dip them in boiling water.

* I won't know what to do with the assortment of clothing. Because I have had to mix and match or not match my clothing that I brought.

* I won't know what to do without my daily Kitkat and Coke Light because that is what fills me up if dinner isn't the best.

* I won't have to worry about walking to my bedroom or the kitchen without being on the lookout for the psycho white pregnant horse.

* I won't have to worry about reaching for the toilet paper because the wind blows it to my hand.

* I won't have to worry about walking a 5K marathon with optional water breaks to hang out with my friends or eat dinner.

* I will actually have take care of myself and care what I look like. AKA take a daily shower.

* I won't have to worry about ants falling on my head when I am watching my movie.



I am very grateful for what I have in America but I am so thankful that I have had this opportunity to experience this type of life.

Love to all,
Mallory

3 comments:

Jenny B said...

You are super crazy....i scrolled down and read what i missed...so wonderful!!!! You've gotten to do so much for the Lord in such a short period of time. I'm so proud of you for being obedient to Him. I love you Mallory and I better see you soon!

Anonymous said...

We are blessed in the USA aren't we? I'm glad you are noticing the differences and counting the many blessings we have here. Less than 3 more weeks and you will be home! We miss you, love Mom.

Anonymous said...

Great insights and funny, too! God Bless, Jim D