Friday, June 27, 2008

I love my spiritual gifts....

Friday was a really awesome day out on ministry. I was so excited to be with my team again. The first house that we went to, the lady seemed kinda closed off and distant from us. She did tell us a lot about how she goes to the witchdoctor and asks for lots of spells and protection from evil spirits. She also told us that she prays to her ancestors so that they can deliver the message to Jesus. This may seem really strange but this is how the people here in South Africa think about Christianity. She did open up more and we told her about what we believe and we left her with some flyers with the church that we are working with.

In the afternoon, we went back to our first house. I love these people. They are so amazing. We made their garden a lot bigger and planted some spinach and cabbage for them. We also left them with the rest of the seeds that were in the packet. We got to play with the kids for a while after we were done planting. I was really excited to get to play with them. Meme was a lot of fun. She was like my grandma.

For dinner we had delicious wildebeest...well it smelled more like poop. So I kinda gagged.

Thrive Church was really good. Neil talked about and read out of Jude. This is a book that I think is very over looked. There are a lot of valuable lessons in it. The message was about building others up, something that every team needs to practice more often. If we don't build each other up then we are allowing satan to devour us and we will become divided. I thought that this was a very good message for my team to hear at this time in our trip.

Today, Friday, we went to the hospital and wow... this was one of the hardest things that I have ever done in my life. I was torn. We spilt up into our MIGs (ministry in groups) and first we went into the children's ward. As soon as we walked into the ward, I thought that I was going to burst into tears. Small children who have bandages wrapped around their heads. These children had: Tb, burns, been attacked by a dog on her face, one was 12 days old and her eyes were bleeding, pneumonia, flu, diarrhea, one baby was born prematurely and her twin sister died during birth, and many other things. These children were in metal beds that were spaced about 2 feet apart from each other. As soon as I walked out of the ward, I bursted into tears. I just weeped for these children. The simple Tb vaccination that I got for $5 is killing children over here in Qwa Qwa.

After the children's ward, we went to the Women's ward. There were a lot more women here than in the children's ward. To look into these ladies' eyes and see that they have no hope and are in so much pain just broke me. The first lady that I prayed with she had Tb. She was just laying there an in a lot of pain. The second lady that I prayed with, she had diabetes and she was getting ready to go home. PRAISE THE LORD!! The third lady that I prayed with, the only reason why she was in the hospital is because she ODed on pills. She was in such great health and she was just depressed and not enjoying her life. I prayed that Christ would heal her and that she would find love in Christ. The fourth lady, Elizabeth, she had a really bad kidney infection. While praying for her I broke into tears. She was in so much pain, she was screaming while we were praying for her. Jesus is the ultimate healer and I know that He will heal her.

Emotional day. Enough tears for the rest of the month.

I am enjoying my time right now in the Living Room... Rocking out to Backstreet Boys. "I want it that way"

Love to all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and God are having a GREAT time together! God Bless, Jim

Anonymous said...

God Bless you for the work you are doing in Africa. We miss you at Calvary! Bertie Willis