Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Say moo much??

This week we started our relationship evangelism. It has been a lot of fun getting to know the people on my street. The first day, my friend Kristin and I washed all the curtains in this one family's house. We thought that they were going to give us a few to wash but they just kept coming! After that we washed the windows inside and out. Now... this was a HARDCORE cleaning job. My arm was sooo sore afterwards. In the afternoon we built a pigeon house. It was a lot of fun getting to know the little children. I was nick named the Pigeon Police because I was in charge of making sure that they didn't get out.

The next day we prayed for a few people and just sat and talked to them. A few houses down my MIG (Ministry in Group) dug out a driveway. That is some back breaking labor. No me gusta. After lunch we went to a house and a man came and poured into us. He was such an encouragement. I also washed dishes at this house and made bread with his mother. It was a lot of fun.

Today, it was a big day. We went to this one house and met a blind lady and we had our own little worship service. It was really cool. She wanted to know so many things about America and she spoke such good English. I was very impressed. We also learned about the Sesotho culture. We learned about dancing at the traditional wedding. It was very funny and Caleb felt very awkward because it is pretty much booty dancing. haha After we talked to them, we planted a lot of beans and after lunch, we brought back some different seeds for them to plant. We planted some spinach and cabbage (two things that I don't eat). While we were leaving to go back to another house, there was a heard of cows walking down the road, I asked our translator, David, if it was ok to walk and he was like Oh sure! Well I trusted him and so we were about a foot away and one of the african guys cracked a whip and they were starting to run towards us. I have never been so scared in my life. I had my little experience with running with the bulls. NEVER AGAIN!!

Tomorrow is our last day out with our street. Then on Friday we are going to the hospital and praying for sick people. I know that people are going to be healed and it is going to be amazing to witness God's power! Then Saturday is a SECRET! mmmm I can't wait!!

Tsamaya hantle loves!

*Mallory

No comments: