Wednesday, May 30, 2007

How to Save a Life

Home. How amazing it feels to be here. I was soo excited driving home from Hannibal, MO last Thursday because I hadn't seen my family in a while. I was excited that MY summer was finally here and I didn't have to focus on school. All I get to do is travel the world and tell people about Jesus and spend time with my family.

I pulled in the driveway and honked my horn, it is a ritual, then I walked inside and no one was to be found. Strange but normal. My stepdad had just gotten out of the shower and wrapped a towel around himself and just hugged me so tightly and then started to cry. Mind you, I have only see him cry 2 times in the 18 years that I have known him. So, I thought that that was a little strange. He was like we have missed you so much and we are so glad that you are home!!!

My mom walks in the door and was like AHHH MALLORY I'm so happy that you are home. Ok, no big deal, she is always excited to see me come home. I love that feeling.

Then...the bad news starts to roll. My mom has been tested for cervical cancer and she is supposed to find out the test results today. My gma had another sezure and so I was kinda shook up about that. Then there was a lot of stuff that happened with my sister which brought tears to my eyes. I just went and sat in my room and cried my eyes out. The three most important women in my life, something has to happen to them. My mom came up to my room and was like what is wrong, I told her that I was just really sad and that I haven't heard any good news since I have been home.

Satan is attacking. He is such a little jerk. He would do this right before I leave for my mission trip to Thailand, which is in 9 days. I won't let him get my focus off of my mission trip. I will not let him.

I spend some quality time with the family in Iowa. It was fun. Caitlin and I painted gma's table BRIGHT festive colors. She also decided to kill all of the flys in Iowa as well.

Had coffee with the gals. T'was fun. Went to a Mary Kay meeting and I have decided that I would love to participate in it but, right now is not my time. I'm having a garage sale on saturday and I hope to make BIG BUCKS!!

Well that is all for now. Love you all dearly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whats going on with your sister? I will be praying for you and your family. If you can also be praying for me i'd appreciate it!
~ERin B